Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fiona first finished applique block.

 Not a bad first attempt.  Fiona tried several stitches on this piece.

She did have some difficulty with the blanket stitch but I think is was partly because she was using a very slippy Trebizond silk.

The back stitch she figured out herself.
The silk velvet circle was done using a 50wt silk thread (Tire) this was enjoyed as Fiona liked the way it slide through the fabric.

I was very proud of this part as she managed to do it using an orange thread as I wanted her to learn how to make a mismatched colour disappear.

My belief is that one should let a child use the same quality of material as one would expect to use yourself.  That said I have made her aware of the cost of this.

1 comment:

  1. Fiona, Your work is lovely, congratulations for being so talented. Velia

    ReplyDelete