Friday, March 11, 2011

Flower Festival Block of the Month - March

I have to admit that I wasn't sure about the colours that my local store picked for this.  I think the addition of the turquoise really lifts it.

Had to stop myself last night from over embellishing this one.









I decided to fancy up the fly stitch by using a bullion.

Also falling in love with Trezibond silk.  It gives the sheen of rayon without the headache.  Used the last of this green on the leaves so yesterday had to purchase another.  Well it is a beautiful green after all.

Used sea grass for the chain stitch on the stem.







I've tried to do a lattice on other pieces and this is the first time I have been happy with the results.

The stamen are done in the new overdyed Petite Velvet by Rainbow Gallery.

For those that don't know Sue Spargo's techniques the mini circles are created with a Friskers hole punch.  I keep even tiny pieces of scrap wool for this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment